How to get an awesome sounding recording

Yeah, he's a great technician, for sure.....but honestly, I can't fucking stand that warbly shit he plays, and seems like he's really gone way off in that direction the last few years....maybe it's becuase of the chick bass player. :p

Speaking of the chick bass player...she knows her way around the neck, but that's some awful fret buzzing (I guess it's the riffs that count, not the fret buzzing)...and it's way too wanky AFA bass playing goes. I mean, maybe she should pick up the guitar instead, at least she'll be able to press the strings enough not to have the fret buzz. :)

And yea...I'm sure Beck couldn't care less what anyone thinks. :D

I gotta agree. And if that girl didn't flop her tit over the body of her bass, no one would know who she is.

People didn't see it that way, they went crazy, and I got banned. :laughings:

Sevenstring.org?

Because that place is like one giant scumden of morons who fap to the gawds of axefx and shitty Djent music. :facepalm:

I lasted a day. I couldn't lower myself to that level of stupidity and fanboyism.

Sevenstring.org?

Because that place is like one giant scumden of morons who fap to the gawds of axefx and shitty Djent music. :facepalm:

I lasted a day. I couldn't lower myself to that level of stupidity and fanboyism.

Lol. Hell no. I don't like 7 string guitars, or the music typically made with 7 string guitars. That shit is shit. That's a site where I truly do not belong, or would want to go. Those are not my people.

WOW

Jeff Beck might be a homo, but he sure can play the fuck out of a guitar.

I bought this dvd because of Tal, but found out Jason Rebello is on it who I've heard before and really enjoy. Unfortunately, Beck keeps him restrained to one little solo which is a shame because this guy is to piano what 10 Becks are to guitars. A real master.

Then the drummer, Vinny Somebody, is awesome. He's got a great sounding kit. It's the back up band that really makes this concert good. Jeff is a great guitar player, no doubt, but I really enjoy the other musicians. I usually watch this when I'm on a late night flight, half-drunk in first class and in my jazz-snobbery mood. :laughings:

and yes, tits hanging over a bass is worth buying a dvd. :D

To be fair (not that Beck needs it)....this is the original studio version which I do like....without all the warbly decorations he's been doing lately with his playing.

I got to be honest and say I love Jeff Beck's playing. Not enough to have ever bought any of his albums, but I do love his style. I think he's a lot more tasteful than wankers like Vai and all those 80's Eddie off-spring.

I got to be honest and say I love Jeff Beck's playing. Not enough to have ever bought any of his albums, but I do love his style. I think he's a lot more tasteful than wankers like Vai and all those 80's Eddie off-spring.

No doubt. I'll take Jeff Beck over those lame ass shred dorks any day.

read a book on beck, and it was amazing how busy with work he was, how many other artists he jammed with etc..

grabbed some of his cd's from a friend once, and its a wide range of stuff, so like any band that lasts its like "which one do you like" as there are some different types music in his catalog.

dont always get any of the hype, other than he made it huge, obviously....damn he was in a lot of gigs though! one playin-mofo that impressed me how frkn much he played and played and played and played...on on so many other peoples gigs. I didnt know he had wrote the riff for Superstitious! great tune. Beck and Stevie Wonder

I didnt know he had wrote the riff for Superstitious! great tune. Beck and Stevie Wonder
I think it caused a bit of a rift between Beck and Stevie, or at least Beck and Barry Gordie/Motown. I think there's something about them releasing it before Beck did even though beck showed Stevie the riff. I'm not 100% sure of the whole story. What's also funny is that Beck had a tune called "I Ain't Superstitious" when Rod Stewart was singing in his band.

I didnt know he had wrote the riff for Superstitious! great tune. Beck and Stevie Wonder

Beck didn't write the signature riff for "Superstition"....Stevie did.

The song "Superstition" was written for Beck in return for some other guitar work he did for Stevie.
Stevie did a version of it to showcase it for Beck...but then Beck took so long to record his version, and Steive's version caome out first.
That's what kinda caused the friction between them as it pissed Beck off....then (I guess as peace offering from Stevie ???) Beck covered Stevie's "'Cause We've Ended As Lovers".

I think it was a win/win for both. :D

[EDIT]

I guess this is Beck's recollection of the whole episode...looks like he came up with the drum beat for "Superstition":

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/stevie-wonder-jeff-beck-superstition/

Personally, I don't get the whole Jeff Beck thing. I don't care how many times shredders say he was an influence either. I like those "80's dorks" all day long! Vai is a wanker though. All tricks and effects with minimal picking.

Just cuz, I'm gonna throw in my non love for Eric Clapton. lol

:eatpopcorn:

Bad mod troll redirect. Feel free to neg rep me. :)

Just cuz, I'm gonna throw in my non love for Eric Clapton. lol

:eatpopcorn:

Bad mod troll redirect. Feel free to neg rep me. :)

No neg rep from me. I like some Creem, but anything he did after that is the most boring, wimpy, adult-Oriented crap ever. To me, he represents everything wrong with middle of the road, cliche love-song crap that had as much to do with ruining rock radio as anyone else. Fuck, he bores me. Wimpy, sappy, drivel.

Other than that, he's ok. :)

No neg rep from me. I like some Creem, but anything he did after that is the most boring, wimpy, adult-Oriented crap ever. To me, he represents everything wrong with middle of the road, cliche love-song crap that had as much to do with ruining rock radio as anyone else. Fuck, he bores me. Wimpy, sappy, drivel.

Other than that, he's ok. :)
I read this post like an hour ago and that stupid horrid "Tears From Heaven" song has been stuck in my head ever since. :mad:

I'm gonna listen to some Dead Kennedys for the next few hours to reboot my brain.

I read this post like an hour ago and that stupid horrid "Tears From Heaven" song has been stuck in my head ever since. :mad.

....ugh......and that's not the worst. At least that song's "supposed" to be a downer. It's his middle of the road "Forever Man" type of forgettable oatmeal music that kills me.

Back