How to export my songs from cubase sx so i can import them to cubase 8

SIRRISH

I used Cubase SX for many years; but now I have recently purchased Cubase 8. I have noticed that files are lost if I just try to take a file from my Cubase SX file and load it into Cubase 8 . . . and then I remember someone saying something about having to EXPORT my songs from Cubase SX first . . . so I can then use them on Cubase. P L E A S E . . . HOW do I do this? Are there some directions somewhere I can follow. Although I used Cubase SX for years, I only learned the basics of operation, so EXPORTING is foreign to me.

thanks,

SIRRISH

You can always export (as .wav files for PC) from any DAW AFAIK but the process varies.

In Samplitude you go "file" Export, select .wav, MP3 etc and click. I have not exported from Cubase for a LONG time but I seem to remember you have to set start and stop markers?

Steinberg are famous for changing procedures with updated softwares (Magix tend NOT to do this, incremental not revolutionary!) but even they I think would keep exporting files constant?

Dave.

You are in for some time on the computer man because SX did not have batch export so you are gonna have to bounce things out one at a time. I don't remember if you can bounce in place but that might work as well if it existed. I barely remember SX3 let alone SX.

I assume you don't want plugins (TBH I don't think you can take plugins with you anyway) so here are the steps I would take to do it.

Actually the first thing to do is "save as" then do these steps.
1. Turn off all plugins.
2. 0 out all faders and pan including the master fader.
3. Turn off all sends.
4. Set the locators to the first part of the song to the last OR at zero bars if you tracked to a click.
5. IMO this is an extra step but I think a good one: setup a midi track and pencil in 1/4 notes for a couple bars, copy and paste those bars across the song then export the midi track. The midi track will import into 8 and give you the tempo map.
6. Solo each audio track and bounce it accordingly in the quality you recorded at (44.1k at 16 or 24 bit or whatever you did .wav files).

Back