How do I properly add effects Reverb or delay on VOCALS.

Learning2mix

Doe's anyone have any suggestion adding effects to the vocals I've already recorded. Also I wouldn't mind any information related to proper compression settings.

The vocals are on track 1 how can I send it to another track wet/dry with the effect.

Please help! my bus isn't giving me sound out.

If you cut vocals dry, then usually you will add effects during mixdown by sending the signal into the effects unit and back into the board via the aux send and return i/o available on your mixer.

If you want to add effects while recording to another track, you will typically need to feed the signal into the effects unit with the output going to the new track you want the processed signal to reach. However, depending on the kind of recorder you are using, this may not be possible.

What kind of equipment do you have?

Cy

pro-tools 5.1 is what I'm recording into.
vocals on track 1 and I'm bussing to another track but no signal is getting there.

I am not familiar with Pro Tools.

Have you tried copying the track and applying fx plugins to the wave of the newly created copy?

Cy

There is a few places you might be losing the audio so I will go through the steps.

On the vocal track:

•In the sends area select Bus 1
•A volume meter should pop up set the level of signial you want to send to verb or delay.(If the Bus fader does not pop up just click on the Bus 1 and it should appear)

then

•Create an AUX track.
•Set the Aux track INPUT to Bus 1.
•In the insert area insert the plug-in you want.
• Bring up the aux fader and you should have your FX.

Back