How do I get my PS4/XBOX One Sound into the computer

FghFgh

Hi there,

hopefully this is the right section for my question.

I am currently having the following issue:

I am playing on my xbox one and have the sound on my xbox one headset which is connected to the SPDIF Toslink output on the back on the xbox. I am talking into an Rode NT1A mic which is connected to a small Behringer USB interface to get the voice on my computer. On there i am trying to record and live stream my gameplay. However the setup is not great, because when I want to get some music in the live stream during my gameplay I use my small in ear headset below my gaming headset which is not comfortable.

Is there a way to get the SPDIF/Toslink cable connected to one of those plugs on a mixer ? (XLR or what those inputs are called).

Basically what I want is the following: I have ONE device where my pc sound goes into, my mic goes into and my xbox sound goes into.
Have all mixed together.

So the mic and computer sound shouldn't be a problem I guess, but how do I get thos Toslink cable connected to a mixer ?

Thank you so much and Best Regards,
FghFgh

Hi there,

Is there a way to get the SPDIF/Toslink cable connected to one of those plugs on a mixer ? (XLR or what those inputs are called).

That's a negative. The s/pdif is a digital signal. The inputs on your mixer are all analog.
You'd need some kind of standalone digital to analog converter to make it happen.

Can we presume ps4/xbox one don't have an analog alternative? The used to to component breakouts and what not.

First, thank you very much for your answers!

So the PS4 should be no problem. What about the xbox One. The only possibility is to get Sound via Toslink out or HDMI out. How do I handle that ?

I don't know anything about the xbox one - does it not have a stereo jack like the ps4?

Back