how can i get great vocal quality like on these songs:

Scrubucket7 said:

First off, you'll need a great vocal mic, like this one and this preamp. Also, I would make sure you record in the bathroom. Not just for acoustics, mind you, but track while you are actually defecating.

Oh, and cables. Only the best will do!

Last edited:
thanks man...i was thinkin id also need a whole shitload of alcohol to get that perfect sound. Whenever i compare my vocals to these vocals there always just somethin missing in mine...i think its that liter of vodka that makes all the difference. These vocals are just so great that theyre priceless. Now excuse me as i skip off to the package store and try to come up with 30 grand for a mic and a pre and maybe some burritos to help me out with the shitting part. Thanks scrubs, your the man!

scrubs said:
First off, you'll need a great vocal mic, like this one and this preamp. Also, I would make sure you record in the bathroom. Not just for acoustics, mind you, but track while you are actually defacating.

Oh, and cables. Only the best will do!

Damnnn...we all arent made of money you know!

(just messing around of course.. :rolleyes: )

Man, I thought scrubs had a good voice!!! That stuff puts him to shame. Sorry scrubs. You are now the SECOND best voice on this site.
Ed

Oh, alcohol alone won't help. I drink more than anyone, and my voice isn't that good.
Ed

Dogman said:
Man, I thought scrubs had a good voice!!! That stuff puts him to shame. Sorry scrubs. You are now the SECOND best voice on this site.
Ed
Oh, so to get great vocals, you don't actually have to pronounce your words.

Actually, I found this system to do all my monitoring with, and it's helped me immensely.

rockon

You guys might look into getting a cool setup like it.
Ed

Dogman said:
Actually, I found this system to do all my monitoring with, and it's helped me immensely.

rockon

You guys might look into getting a cool setup like it.
Ed

Yeah, baby! That's what I'm talkin' about. They need a show on MTV called "Pimp My Studio" where they would get you all the tricked-out shit like a giant board and some lava lamps. That would be off the hizzle! :p

seriously man.. there were some kids riding around on a skelter in my neighbourhood... with a big ass speaker/guitar amp on it, blasting whatever crap they're listening to....

When kids roll like that in your own neighbourhood...

NOT!

COOL!

Actually, I think most people could use the turd plug2 that scrubs was using a while back. That thing is sweet, so long as you don't over mix things wet.

Marc Miano said:
umm....er.....bpbpb....singing?.....uuuhhhhh....music?....

I'm speechless

I know!! Iknow!! When you hear something so cool, you just can't think anymore. Blows me away too.
Ed

Back