How to adjust sound blaster audigy for input and output?

Isn't this the same thing you were asking in the other thread you have on this forum?

Not really understanding what it is you are asking by saying "adjust"...?

On the input...pick the input that you have your source plugged into...looks like you have three choices, Left, Right or Stereo (which is what is checked).

For the output...pick the pair that you want to output the signal on.

There isn't only one choice...it really depends on how you want to route the signal and where to, depending on the rest of your setup.

yes Sir because i didn't take any answer that satisfied me, may be because i didn't ask my question properly i don't know, but the thing that i have forgotten to tell that i record my tracks as AUDIO not as MIDI even the instruments.(i'm using audio tracks not midi ones)
so sorry if i have repeated my question.
I am using Phonic Powered Mixer from which i connect its output to the sound card of my desktop.
Thanks for caring.

Last edited:
The images show it very clearly in the menus. Select your inputs and then the outputs. Does it not work? I had one of these cards years ago and from memory it was actually not bad.
You will have to explain what the problem is. Those screen shots look perfectly normal.

The only annoyance I can remember was the outputs being stereo, so if you want to use them for routing out for effects, you needed insert type wired cables. Other than that, it's quite normal.

So, what isn't working.

The sound card is working nice but i want to know which input should i have to select for recording vocals and which for other instruments. Knowing that i am recording all my tracks as audio not as miidi even the instruments.

You said you were using a cheap mixer? So your mixer output goes to the sound card input. These are line level. The mixer handles the inputs - the sound card just records what comes out of the mixer, so has no part to play in selecting vocals or lines or instruments.

The BIG problem is that you are using the mixer outputs for your monitor speakers, I suspect. In this case, many people would use the mixer aux sends so that what you are listening to does not have to be the thing you record.

Routing is always a fudge - but workable. You simply use the PRE-FADE send on the source you wish to record. This will be mono - so the option in your picture to use just the left or right input is the correct one. If you wish to record something in stereo - like maybe a keyboard, this will only work if you have two pre-fade sends. Do you have two? The sound card is so simple that all your decisions get made on the other equipment and software. Cubase, for example is happy to have two inputs - so when you create a new track as a stereo one - it would take two input channels and record them, but if you select mono - it records just one of them.

On playback, you can use the multiple outs from the card if you wish - or not. So if the singer needs to hear a track through headphones - you could feed that out of say output 3, and stick that back into the mixer for them to hear. All these things really don't need you to do anything with the card.

The only downside of this card is that even when new, the latency wasn't that good. This probably hasn't got any better.

Ok Sir i got it. But what is the difference between soundblaster audigy 1/2, 3/4 or 5/6 in the output? When should i have to choose each of them?
Thank you so much.

yes Sir because i didn't take any answer that satisfied me, may be because i didn't ask my question properly i don't know, but the thing that i have forgotten to tell that i record my tracks as AUDIO not as MIDI even the instruments.(i'm using audio tracks not midi ones)
so sorry if i have repeated my question.
I am using Phonic Powered Mixer from which i connect its output to the sound card of my desktop.
Thanks for caring.

Do NOT plug the speaker outputs from your powered mixer (any output jacks rated in watts) into the inputs of your soundcard, you will most likely fry them both if you do so, use a line level output instead.

I just saw rob's post, he's wording it way better than me!

Last edited:
Ok Sir i got it. But what is the difference between soundblaster audigy 1/2, 3/4 or 5/6 in the output? When should i have to choose each of them?
Thank you so much.

That looks like a Sonar settings panel, the outputs were probably set up correctly by default, that is all of your tracks are feeding a master bus, which is in turn feeding hardware outs 1/2, that's where you plug your monitor speakers and or headphone amp in, if that mixer is a PA style live mixer I would dump that thing out the picture at once and go buy an audio interface meant for recording.

Back