Help with programming drums

Zpast92

Hey everyone, I'm brand new to these forums and currently at work, so if this is the wrong place to post, I will gladly delete and post where it needs to be.
Anyways.
Good afternoon everyone. I've got a bit of a problem that maybe you guys can help me with. So I've been self recording for about 5 years now and have a decent grasp on how things work and such as I've been self taught. For the last year and a half though, I've been trying to get a decent understanding of drum programming and have been getting no where. I use studio one artist so VST plugins aren't an option at the moment. I've been messing around with Hydrogen, but can never get the patterns to sound right or flow into each other without it sounding like a machine programmed by primarily a guitar player. Basically I need recommendations on a stand alone drum program that is easy to use and sounds as real as possible. I've also tried beatcraft, which was closer to what I was looking for, but wasn't quite there. Paid or free, doesn't matter. Preferably something that is somewhat cheap. A trial/demo would be cool too.
Sorry for the unfocused post, I'm typing this while at work. I'm willing to answer any and all questions anyone has if it'll lead to a solution. Thanks in advance you guys.

Well, first thing I'd do is switch to a DAW that lets you use VSTs! You can use EZDrummer in stand-alone mode, have you looked at it?

What he said. Why limit your options? A standard licence for Reaper is about $60 and you can try before you buy.

Back