Help with pluggins

Mjsto466

So i wanted to experiment with aome distortion pluggins. I want a hi gain one so i heard about lepou. I tried downloading it but it wont even download. Any tricks or tips if anyone has tried lepou.

You should contact the developer and ask them for download help...looks like it's one of those homebrewed free plug sites, and looks like other have problems downloading them too...but hey, you get what you pay for...oh wait, they are free. ;)

Here...try this is from Plugin Alliance...it's free, good, and the downloads work....you just have to create an account.

Brainworx bx_rockrack V3 Player - Plugin Alliance

If you like the free one...maybe you'll buy some of their better ones. They have some Metal plugs that will give you what you want in the high-gain dept.

Just checked the site, works fine. Select your platform then click "download". Pretty easy. LePou is generally considered one the top free amp sims around.

...looks like it's one of those homebrewed free plug sites, and looks like other have problems downloading them too...but hey, you get what you pay for...oh wait, they are free. ;)

You realize you dissed a free site and then recommended......a free site. ? Ok. Just checking.

Just checked the site, works fine. Select your platform then click "download". Pretty easy. LePou is generally considered one the top free amp sims around.

You realize you dissed a free site and then recommended......a free site. ? Ok. Just checking.

Plugin Alliance is not a Free site... they simply offer a few free plugs as a courtesy, and have impeccable support...unlike LePou, which is an entirely for free site, and there are quite a lot of people who apparently had the same download issues as the OP, based on some simple Google searches.

I made no comment about the quality of the LePou sim plugs. Do you use them...?...is that why you seem to be taking it personally...?

The point was...when it's all for free, there is no promise or motivation of involved support, in most cases...and apparently why the OP showed up here, looking for support. Maybe you should help him out since you seem to be familiar with the LePou plugs...instead of just coming here to comment about my post.

I know the Plugin Alliance stuff, and it's without issue...for downloading or for using...and the few freebies they offer are plugs derived directly from their for sale stuff....all top-shelf development. :)

...is that why you seem to be taking it personally...?

The point was...when it's all for free, there is no promise or motivation of involved support, in most cases...and apparently why the OP showed up here, looking for support. Maybe you should help him out since you seem to be familiar with the LePou plugs...instead of just coming here to comment about my post.

LOL. Omg. Dude relax. It's rather funny when every time you think someone is trying to "get ya" you end up writing a book. What is this about taking it personally and commenting on your post? I don't even know what you're going on about. Good Lord pal.

In other news, OP, click on the platform you use and then click "download". Easy. Nothing more to it. If it isn't working for you, try it another browser, perhaps.

I'm relaxed...you're the one who apparently has a bug up your ass that you feel the need to always be "just checking" shit with me. :facepalm:
So then I have to explain things to you in greater detail...and then you don't like that either.

Like the other day with my link (not sure why you keep checking on my YT page or my website), and then you got all pissy about that too when I didn't respond in a way you expected.
Yes...you do take a lot of shit personally...but I won't waste the time.

I suspect there is a disconnect between the question andru is answering and the one mjsto is asking. (Andru's answer on how to download is correct, but I don't think mjsto knows what he's asking quite)

What LePou offers are amplifier and cabinet simulation plugins. i.e. if you run a DI guitar signal through the Hybrit plugin, it will then sound much the same way it would if you'd run the guitar to a knock-off Marshall amplifier and then recorded the direct signal from that.
Then, when you add the cab plugin, it will sound much the way it would if you'd run that signal into a speaker and then mic'd it according to your impulse files.

So if you're looking to add distortion to your signal, that may or may not be the way to do it. It's kind of inefficient and changes your tone in a lot of other ways.
If you're looking to emulate an amplifier signal chain, the LePou plugins are pretty good. I've used them on several projects, altho, I usually use the Nadir cab instead of LePou's because the latter has sometimes crashed for me

I suspect there is a disconnect between the question andru is answering and the one mjsto is asking. (Andru's answer on how to download is correct, but I don't think mjsto knows what he's asking quite)

Well, he did say "it won't even download". So, I suspect he's having trouble in that area. But maybe.

Well, he did say "it won't even download". So, I suspect he's having trouble in that area. But maybe.

'strue.

Looking at his other posts, I may even be mistaken as to what he wanted. He may actually be looking for amp/cab sims rather than just "distortion"

Back