Help with feedback

Dustman0587

Brand new here and to the music production community, and music community (just enjoy writing).

I made a very simple music beat, but I get a lot of feedback from the mic.

Things you should know about "my studio:"

In South Korea atm with, an old mac (2008 macbook) and pro tools. No piano keyboard (sold it a couple years ago, when I tried writing music) been using a virtual one (plan on buying one in a couple days).

I am hoping that someone can help me out and eliminate the feedback I have, or I am just screwed and need to purchase more equipment to record some sort of vocals. The feedback I get is a lot of fuzz when I have headphones plugged in, and it picks the smallest sounds, including my mouse click.

I will continue to read while I hope to have my question answered, but in the meantime, anyone want to point me in some great directions for newbies to music and music production?

First, Welcome. :)

A few questions....

What mic are you using?
Are you using headphones only or do you also use speakers?
What interface are you using or are you using your laptop's soundcard?
Can you post a sample of the recording with the noise in it?

What mic are you using? Using my laptop's built in mic atm
Are you using headphones only or do you also use speakers?I started using some earbud headphone because the sound quality is a bit better than my laptop speak
What interface are you using or are you using your laptop's soundcard?Laptop's sound card
Can you post a sample of the recording with the noise in it?I will post it shortly, not currently at my home computer

Obviously I don't have any of, even the standard, equipment, but I do have enough to do some things.

Like I said, brand new to this, but I do plan on buying some keys, a mic, and better headphones (I would buy speakers but I am in Korea, and the walls are paper thin, dont wanna piss off the neighbors just yet).

What type of audio interface do you recommend?

And your laptop's mic = the mic is going to pickup everything that the laptop casing itself 'hears'. $1 things that are meant for rudimentary voice pickup, at best. Pick a budget, save some money and get an audio interface and a separate mic. If you shop around used, you might be able to get both for under $150 (sorry, you'll have to convert to Korean money). Of course once you start down the equipment road, you'll find you want 'more and more', 'bigger and better'. :o

Back