Heeellpppp

thatjerseyguy

So recently I've been doing some recording, and this problem have been coming up. It started off just in the vocals, but then went to my guitar recording and electronic drum recording. I did a sample for you guys to hear. If anyone has any possible answer on what it is or how to fix it, please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed that link for ya.

Sounds like you need to increase your buffer size, though not having a clue as to what you are using, it is hard to give advice.

List all of your gear, software, computer specs and signal chain please. :)

Ah thank you :) I never really thought about increasing the buffer size. It would make sense though, as this only really happens when I'm overdubbing. I'm playing out of a Peavy Vypr 75, with a Apex 435 and 2 Audio Technica AT873R's, going to a spirit folio mixer, then into my Vaio with Audacity. As for my laptops specs,

Processor: Intel Core i5-243 @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 6gb

If that's enough to get a better idea?

Into your Vaio via the line in? Or do you have an audio interface in there?

If the mixer does not have USB connection, I would highly recommend getting an interface with ASIO drivers. Also, I would recommend stepping away from Audacity and get yourself a DAW that is made for multitrack recording. Reaper is free to try and cheap to buy.

Yeah, it's through the line in. I'll look into an interface and a better recording program. I'm just really curious as to why it's just starting to do this. I've been recording for years using my current set up and it's never messed up like this.

Is your hard drive getting full? It could just be that the drive is not keeping up as well. Other running programs can also interfere with your streaming of audio. Virus protection, updates or anything that is using your lappys resources while you are recording.

Do a test with DPC Latency Checker

Defrag your drive. What OS? if Vista or XP I would download and use Mydefrag.

I've defragged, cleaned lots of stuff out, and doing some tests with latency checker, and it seems to be working a lot better :) I'll be keeping an eye on how much is being used though while recording. Thank you so much :) And i'll for sure look into some audio interfaces and better programs

Back