Headphones for mixing, best value..

David_VI

Howdy.

I know headphones aren't the best option, but monitors aren't an option at all for me due to space, money, being unable to treat a room and play loud music being in a rented flat, plus moving to a different rented property soon..

I'm also not exactly into the producing side of music, but my course requires me to do some mixing and recording and I want to get my songs recorded and mixed well enough.

I'm looking for the best value/affordable headphones that will give me the best chance of getting a mix right. Around £100 (A bit over, £130 max?)

Some that aren't going to annoy me if I wear them too long like this cheap mic headset I have which makes my ears hot :(. Headphones that fit nicely would be good! I think my ears are big!

Cheers for the help.
David

:D

I use the Sennheiser HD280's. I use em mainly for tracking but they sound pretty decent too. I think they fit your budget.

We all like to think our ears are big. But women know, they discuss that kind of stuff when we're not around. :eek:

Well i'd rather be comfy! I've worn a few headphones that don't fully enclose my ears and it feels rather odd!

:D

I use the Sennheiser HD280's. I use em mainly for tracking but they sound pretty decent too. I think they fit your budget.

They are actually an open tab on my browser right now! One of the options yes!
Is closed back a good choice though? I'm unsure on what the benefits are of closed and open back heaphones.

Sony MDR7506 are extremely comfortable and well worth the $100 or so they go for.

They are a bit bright sounding for my tastes (I use them for tracking, and would actually like to try the HD280s which I've heard sound more flat), but there is good clarity and they never hurt even after wearing them for hours on end.

Is closed back a good choice though? I'm unsure on what the benefits are of closed and open back heaphones.

Like I mentioned, I got em mainly for tracking. So I didn't want open back because of the bleed.
I've read some people prefer the open back but have never tried em.

Try a few out?

Like I mentioned, I got em mainly for tracking. So I didn't want open back because of the bleed.
I've read some people prefer the open back but have never tried em.

Try a few out?

Well i'd love to try some out but how? I know noone with any and don't know of any shops that sell headphones like this.. Unless I just haven't looked!

David

Back