Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guitar tones.

Thanks

Guitar tones.

Sign in to disable this ad
    How does one create a beautiful guitar tone on FLStudio 12 using VSTs.

I have no amplifier, and plug straight into my computer via an alesis io2

Thanks
    The reply you're going to get a lot of is that guitar tone is very subjective and thus what I see as a beautiful guitar tone might be viewed by you as harsh and unpleasant.

But as giving yourself access to tones, you're going to need a VST that handles for starts amp simulation. I don't use FLStudio so I don't know if it comes with any plugins for that purpose. However, I know Amplitube offers a free version that includes something like 4 amps along with some free effects (distortion, phase, reverb, delay). I'm sure people who have been doing this longer will know of some other options. Just google free vsts and you will find literally hundreds of tools for shaping your guitar sound.

I assume that getting an amp and micing it is not an option for you. This has been the case for me for a while also. I purchased the BOSS GT-1 multieffects pedal ($199) and have been extremely happy with it. It has every effect you could think of and multiple variations of each. Most importantly for you, it also has amp simulation with 10+ amps to choose from. You can plug it into your computer and design tones as well as download them. I thought I would be disappointed with something so digital after using a tube amp but I really like the sounds that it produces. For $199 I think it will give you a lot to play with for a long time.

Thanks
    Cheers for your reply, plenty there to think about.

Thanks
    Dont assume you need vsts to do this. Plenty of good pedals, multifx units with amp sims will do that. Anything you use takes time to find a good sound.

Thanks
    Actually, you can get good sounds with EQ, effects, etc. without amp sims. Amp sims just give you a simulated sound of an amp. You don't have to have one and just by sculpting the sound with tools you probably already have could give you what you want.
    DM60 Tunes: The Collection

Thanks
    I've quickly realised that most of the amps add too much, however, I'm trying to develop a system. A more logical way of finding the tone I'm looking for as opposed to fumbling haphazardly onto what I want.

Thanks
    Some people call haphazard experimenting. That's how you get new tones or "that tone"!
    DM60 Tunes: The Collection

Thanks
    I used to use Fruity Loops ages ago when I was making a lot of loop based songs, but then I wanted to record more live guitar, bass ect. So I moved over to Adobe Audition which I found a lot easier to multi-track and had some decent on-board guitar/distortion effects to play with too. As for plugins I use both Amplitube and Guitar Rig and cant hear the difference between the 2, however I do find Guitar Rig easier to use. Guitar Plug ins are great, especially when you have kids and want to jam on in to the night. My Fender D/reverb amp only sounds good loud...

Thanks
    I think my main concern is getting that full sound, as opposed to the actual tone.

I've got a lot of work to do.

Thanks
    Yes, first you have to know what you are actually trying to accomplish
    Win 7 Ult Dell i7 4core 6700ghz 32 GB, 1,2x2, 4 Tb Barracuda HD's running Pro tools 2018 through Allen&Heath Qu-32

Thread Information