good headphones

mondopondo81

what are some good quality headphones i can buy that will be good for recording? I'm not a big fan of the beats by dre. too much low end on them and the music doesnt sound very clear. I need to get some very shortly.

Thanks!

I'm looking at the Audio Technica ATH-M50 right now. so probably somewhere in that price range. Will be using them for mixing and also normal use as well.

Good. Beats by Dre headphones are HORRIBLE in every way. All marketing and hype.

ATH-M50's are OKAY for mixing and normal use. Eventually you are going to want to get studio monitors to mix on.

what are some good quality headphones i can buy that will be good for recording? I'm not a big fan of the beats by dre. too much low end on them and the music doesnt sound very clear. I need to get some very shortly.

Thanks!

One question :D

Are you seeking these for tracking, mixing, or both?

And what's your budget? (Okay, 2 questions :))

Yeah, those ATH-50's are nice. I have stuck by my Sony 7506's. I guess
I'm just used to tracking with them..........

I am very happy with my Beyerdynamic T1 after a slight EQ adjustment (-5dB at 80Hz, -3dB at 200Hz to compromise the relatively harsh treble peak). They are very pricey though; I literally had to live on bread and water for weeks after picking them up.

probably for tracking and a little mixing. I will get some studio monitors shortly as well.

probably no more than $200

K that's good. You don't really want to mix on headphones anyway!

Sennheiser makes some great stuff...I've got the HD 380 cans and they're awesome. Tight-fitting for tracking, yet comfortable.

Or if you wanted to save some of that $200 for the monitors purchase, I'd recommend these...I've heard awesome things about them from some friends.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ARSMXQ/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004J8UFL

another suggestion for one if you want to save towards monitors:
these are not bad. I've had them for a short time and no faults yet and do the job for me very well :)

Mixing on headphones isn't bad! Here's a mix I did a long time ago on headphones!

It could be better... Too bad I deleted the tracks :cursing:

You can still get great mixes with headphones. It just takes longer. And it's also more tedious. I noticed how much faster I was getting my mixes done once I got a good pair monitors!

I'm looking at the Audio Technica ATH-M50 right now. so probably somewhere in that price range. Will be using them for mixing and also normal use as well.

The ATH-M50 are a great choice... just recently they started coming in a white and silver edition too. Not that the color matters, but nice to have options.

AKG's hands down.

What? What's so special about AKG from the other brands people listed? Have you even tried the other brands? Or have you just tried AKG, thought it was pretty amazing, and think that it's the best?

Naming a pair of headphones is really ridiculous at the moment. The OP says he will use them for mixing! Which is... ridic. Any pair of headphones he buys should suffice, as long as they're not buds.

Back