Getting high quality recordings onto the Internet.

pmarc

timberboxes@gmail.com

There must be a way to get recordings off my Roland up onto Facebook with the same audio quality as: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5_awatayEA&list=PLhxQTdYyDykZMd2B7Zlt _1KqyNv0NWlv6

Also what kind of files would I have to use to generate?

It's a Roland elec piano RP301R. It's not connected directly to the Internet. I'm using a memory stick in the piano's USB port. Plugged in the stick to my pc with external spks and played back using a Midi editor. Horrible.

You need to send the AUDIO output of the keyboard through an audio interface (converts audio to digital) to your computer, and record it with recording software.
Start with some reading here in the Newbies section of the forum - there's a couple of stickies that will get you some basic information.

ok

You need to send the AUDIO output of the keyboard through an audio interface (converts audio to digital) to your computer, and record it with recording software.
Start with some reading here in the Newbies section of the forum - there's a couple of stickies that will get you some basic information.

Can anyone suggest the hardware / software package so I don't have to become an audiophile? I will become one, if necessary.

I've been playing back on my PC, from the USB stick.

The file on the USB stick is: MIDI Sequence(.MID)

Here is the part you are missing: midi is not audio.

Midi is the note information generated from your performance. When you transfer that to your computer, it plays that performance using sounds generated by your soundcard.

If you want to get the sound generated by your keyboard into the computer, you need to hook the audio outputs of the keyboard to an audio interface and record your performance, in real time, to the computer.

Can anyone suggest the hardware / software package so I don't have to become an audiophile? I will become one, if necessary.

It's too late! You're doomed to become obsessive like the rest of us! Bwa ha haha!

If you follow the previous advice and send your piano signal directly into an interface, you'll want a DAW (digital audio workstation) suite such as Reaper, Audacity, or ProTools (the expensive one). If you don't particularly care for your piano's tone and want to use MIDI to change it, you'll want software with a lot more VST support (maybe Logic or Reason)

I'm not familiar with that particular keyboard, but you're probably right.

Back