Cool Edit Pro 2
Gina 24/96
Behringer ADA8000
Line 6 Pod
2-AKG 412 kick mics
1-Sure SM57
2-Radio Shack clip on tom mics
2-Radio Shack Omni directionals for overheads

Ive got all mics going through the Behringer converter into the ADAT in of my Gina. From there everything is seperated into their own tracks in CEP2. Ive got till the end of Oct to get everything done. Prolly going to spend this whole week on getting the mics on the drums positioned right, after that everything else should go smooth. Let me know what you guys think.

waverz said:
....Prolly going to spend this whole week on getting the mics on the drums positioned right, after that everything else should go smooth. Let me know what you guys think.
Hmmm.... :D :D

Good luck!!! ;)

Heh...good point. I consider it serious. I was just using Radio Sahck mics all around. I think ive stepped up quit abit. :)
Michael Jones said:
I don't think you can use Serious Recording, Behringer and Radio Shack Mics in the same post.

;)
:D
:cool:

hey man,

a shitty recording of good music is always much better than a professional recording of not so good music! Now a shitty recording of shitty music... well, you know! Good luck with your project man!

Scott

Totally agree with Scott guys-
Demo's of good music regardless of the way they're recorded are still good music.
Very well recorded demo's of shit, are just good demo's of shit!

Hope all goes well for ya with your recording mate! Good luck
Scott Mellish

I totally scratched the RS mics and am now just using the "3-mic" technique with the SM57 and 2 cads. Sounds alot better than all 7 mics together.

DaveDrummer said:
Behringer are fine...but radio shack mics? Ok, enough said.

LOL Radio Shack makes clip on tom mics??

Heaven help us one and all!

(I don't mean to laugh at another's misfortune... I too have paid my dues to the dark lord of poor quality gear.)

:)

Berhinger makes some usable $20 omni mics if those Radioshack overheads don't work. EMC....something or another. Can't think of the model number.

Ok so now ive got an SM57 about 2 feet infront of the kicks about a foot up. One of the CADS is about 2 foot above the hi-hat pointing at the snare. The other CAD is about 2 foot above the drummers right shoulder pointing at the snare. This sounded pretty decent but the cymbals weren't tracking quite right so i used a SM58 above the whole kit to capture them better. Overall i think the drums sound pretty decent. Just for shits and giggles i used the RS instrument mics and miced each guitar players cab. I placed the mics pointing directly at a cone about four inches away. As for my bass i just plugged the my POD in directly. I have a sample online at www.stabcorp.com in the media section.
This is a total live recording i will be doing it track by track weekend...hopefully it will sound alot better. Anyway lemme know what you guys think

Took a listen to your band. Good stuff. Kinda reminded me of old Floyd. Actually, reminded me a lot of old Floyd (save for the heavier guitar leads). Not too bad for a "live" recording.

I'm not sure what the likelihood of your band's getting a budget together, but I'd say ditch those Radio Shack mics. SM57/58 mics can be had at online auctions for as low as fifty-something bucks.

Back