A few questions

Asuna

To start off, I'm new here and still pretty new to recording and mixing. I have some questions on how to get a certain sound in my lead tracks.

Okay so, in this video at 0:57 the guitar has a weird sound, similar to Dragonforce leads, and I have no idea how to get that sound. Thoughts?
I can't post links yet apparently so type in Crossing Field Meets Metal on youtube and it will be the first video.

Also I don't know how to get a mix to sound so full like that.

For this video at 0:57 also, lol, he is hitting on the whammy but I can't ever get that sound when I try that.
I can't post links yet apparently so type in DBZ Meets Metal on youtube and it will be the first video.

Thoughts?

It sounds like the guy dubbed in multiple guitars. To me, it definitely sounds as if there is more than one guitar at that part.

This guy doesn't have a whammy. I don't think we're seeing the same video. Just post the URL and put a space in between two characters. I'll paste it in myself.

/watch?v=U0FkyYxOxQE
There is the end of the link for the second vid. He is using the whammy bar.

/watch?v=U0FkyYxOxQE
There is the end of the link for the second vid. He is using the whammy bar.

Got it! I don't know how to help you out in regards to that. Sorry about that. It seems that there are three factors involved: the tone of the guitar, amp, and distortion; how the bridge is set up; and how he plays the guitar.

Looking at him play, I feel as though I can kind of emulate that.

I can get similar sounds out of it, but its such a slight wobble of the note. I guess I'll just have to keep playing with it. Thanks!

And you're saying you want more? You might have to make adjustments to the bridge, or you just need to make your presses harder.

Back