External Appregiator and Recording Software Beat

jerberson12

mucis procedure
Hi Again :P

I don't know where to post this thread but I think this is the closest forum for this topic.

Anybody recording some apreggio from an external synthesizer(keyboard)? An appregio is a sequence of mono-notes played in a certain style by just pressing and holding a single key and the speed depends on a BPM you set from the synthesizer. Before recording appregio, I set BPM on my synthesizer and also set BPM on my recording sofware(Cakewalk Home Studio 2004) so they will have the same tempo. While following the metronome on my software, I press a key on my synth and an appregio plays following the metronome. For the first few seconds, the apreggio runs well with the metronome but after few seconds they start to stay off each other. My synth is a Yamaha CS1x, sofware is cAkewalk Home Studio 2004, soundcard is M-Audio Delta 44 and Audiophile 2496. I can only record few seconds of appregio and I Stop it after few seconds. I want to record Appregio as long as I can.......

Sync is your friend
Set cakewalk to be the master Cs1x to be slave and then the tempos should lock when you record. I don’t use cakewalk or a cs1x, but it should be pretty straightforward in the manuals. If the Cs1x doesn’t recieve sync for its arp you might be screwed....I can’t see why it wouldn’t though.

Back