Does Cubase allow you to normalize tracks?

Anybody who would flame you about this doesn't know wtf they're talking about. You're dead on from all angles. Have you developed plugins (and/or done general DSP programming)? I have questions pretty often and nobody to talk to about it....

Heh - from personal experience I know a lot of flaming goes on the internet whether you know what your talking about or not :-) I do have experience with DSP programming, but on a very odd-ball platform - the Ensoniq ESP2 DSP. In the early 2000s I ported effects algos from the Ensoniq DP/4, DP/Pro, Fizmo, and ASR to the PARIS platform. I am by no means an expert on DSP or digital audio - but I do undertand the basics. I also had one of the first PC all in one hardware/software combo 'studio' daws - the digidesign Session 8 in the early 90s. I got to know all about the perils of clipping and digital gainstaging on that thing.. I think one of the biggest problems with modern daws is the 'unlimited headroom' idea, something for nothing....

here is the rub - Cubase Le 4 doesn't have channel trim... if it did I probably wouldn't have to normailze everything! :laughings:

but I can just normalize to a lower level if I need to instead of 0 :D

Wait, LE4 doesn't allow you to adjust gain of each event by dragging the white square in the center? That is basically the same thing as having a channel trim. I know that LE5 does, and has a gain slider in the Inspector window for each track. You should really buy something with LE5, install it, then return the interface. Or just get a damn 1800. :)

Wait, LE4 doesn't allow you to adjust gain of each event by dragging the white square in the center?

White square in the center of what? I tried AI 6 but the VST connections didn't work... :X
I can get a trim VST like Chuck mentioned.

In the event. The section that shows your waveform has three handles. Left and right triangles are for fades. The center square is track gain.

In the event. The section that shows your waveform has three handles. Left and right triangles are for fades. The center square is track gain.

Yes - GOOD CALL - this often overlooked tool is the bomb. I could ramble on about it for days. Great alternative to both trim and normalize.............

Back