deesser and noise gate with the program Podium

alex234

Hello,

I am trying to record a bass line with the program Podium. I get a lot of hiss and humming noise. There's another program i use, Wavesour, where i had the same problem, and managed, after a lot of time and a lot of effort, to cut away the hiss and the noise, with an eq serving as deesser and a noise gate. But there are things i want to do on Podium, which i can't do on Wavesour. Can someone help me? The Podium program is organized in a very different way from the Wavesour program. I already put a lot of time and effort in trying to make Podium work, but it has a system of device mappings and busses, which I haven't managed to understand. As i said, i really spent a lot of time and effort on all this, so if someone could please help me? My music is very important to me.

Thank you,
alex234

What is hissing? A guitar, bass, mic, etc... What are you recording into, an interface, mixer, etc...

Need more info. Be specific.

I have a guitar, a bass and a microphone, they all have hiss and humming noise. They are connected to an external preamp/audio interface, an M-Audio MobilePre. I have made many experiences with different volumes and nothing works with the Podium program. In this program, i have tried to use the send/return busses, but i haven't found out how, i don't know how to use the busses. I think this is the problem: not managing to use the busses. If someone would tell me, in detail, how to do this, i'd be grateful. I don't know what other information is necessary, but i am ready to answer.

Back