Cubase Live Effects Problem

luigibmw

Hello there everyone!

I have been using Cubase to record every project since i started doing music but I am experiencing problems with Live recording.

Basically I have been mostly recording raw input and then editing it after through inserts, but from some time ago I wanted to experiment with live effects recording for anyone that wanted to use the hated autotune on vocals and to get the best results from it, it would be best to have the artist record on live to get the tones right. The same principle goes to any other effect such as reverbs, eq's etc.

For audio interface I am using Akai EIE Pro but i can't really find specification that would trully describe the Direct Monitoring feature on it.

In Device properties and drivers for the AI the only type of setting I can change is the buffer/latency which is on lowest to try and get it working which was i think 46 - 2.6ms.

So I watched countless videos on how easy it is to set up the live effects on Cubase but for every time i am trying to do it it just won't work.
Basically the way I am trying to do it is to create audio track for vocals to be recorded and adding to it an FX channel track with the effect set up on it. Then i go into the vocal track's settings and set up the FX on first send and that apparently should work when i hit the monitoring "speaker" button on track settings, but what i get is really delayed signal which doesnt contain the effects and a normal no latency raw signal from microphone.

Did anyone have the same problem with that audio interface?

Kind regards!

Back