Crazy overlapping of vocals with piano on Cubase. NO Matter What i DO!!! Help!!!

Meme

Hi All!!
I'm using Cubase 5 into an Audiophile soundcard and Peavey 8 Mixing desk. All has been good for recording Piano Playing .

Problem... I'm tring to record vocals over the piano separately. I stick earphones into Desk, hear piano playing away, my warbling ontop and I think I'm sorted!!! But no!! When I play back the vocal track recording on Cubase, the vocal includes the piano along with!! By the way, the Piano recording was not audible through speakers when doing vocals and my headphones are Dynamic Stero studio headphones....I think!!!

How can I listen to piano and sing over without that track on Cubase "hearing" the piano too...I'm sure it's somethng simple I'm doing wrong but trust me I've tried thousands of options and as I've said...I'm lost!! If you guys could help I'd be a happy, happy man!!!

And if anyne has any Cubase or like questions if I can help out, I'll try. Just drop a line.

In meantime, I wait with hope.....and confusion :confused:

Just to make sure I understand, are you talking about an acoustic piano that you're playing while singing into a mic?

EDIT: Never mind. I did misunderstand. :(

1.) Your headphones may be open-back instead of closed back phones...and they are bleeding the piano into the mic when you sing.

2.) You have some kind of plug or patching criss-cross or loop in your DAW that is adding some of the piano to the vocal track.

3.) Or what ^^^^^^ he said in the post above. :D (Which is kinda' covered in # 2) ;)

Back