Cracks, buzz and other with Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre and thunderbolt on Mac.

I've been trying to upload the mp3 file through the attachement manager for a bit now. No go. I'll try to imagine something else...

Same story with the private messages - no way to attach it. I can even erase files that have been there for ages... Does this site work? Noise - Clyp

I think maybe this is due to global issues with the site right now.
A few people are reporting difficulties with file uploads.

That's odd, Marias.
It sounds like some sort of digital glitch, but it's isolated to only two microphones?

Just clarifying some more - If you were to hit record with four microphones plugged in then wait for the glitch,
would it appear as a recorded glitch on only two of the recorded tracks?

If that's the case, I'd be wondering if the microphones are near anything that would be causing intermittent interference.

Just quoting this in case it was missed.
If the issue was on every track I'd be looking for some sort of global glitch but if it's isolated to two microphones I'm more inclined to thing that those microphones are picking up some sort of local interference.

All your XLR cables are XLR-m to XLR-f, balanced, yes?

Oops maybe I should check that ALL the cables are balanced. I have a bit of a mixed bag. Thanks all of this is sort of what I thought. I'll let y'all know the next recording session if this appears again. The KLM's were on a high perch so maybe more subject to interference compared to the AKGs (tried to send a photo but YES the site is on the fritz...)

Attachments

• Capture d’e?cran 2017-04-29 a? 18.35.03.jpg
    Capture d’e?cran 2017-04-29 a? 18.35.03.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 11
I haven't read the whole thread, but this setup is similar to mine. I have a mac and a Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre. I've had some clicks and pops in my recordings. What I did to get rid of it was to put my cell phone about 20 feet away.

Oops maybe I should check that ALL the cables are balanced. I have a bit of a mixed bag. Thanks all of this is sort of what I thought. I'll let y'all know the next recording session if this appears again. The KLM's were on a high perch so maybe more subject to interference compared to the AKGs (tried to send a photo but YES the site is on the fritz...)

WTF! Would you have balanced AND unbalanced XLR cables? IF you need to unbalance an XLR source/sink then make up a 200mm "slug" and MARK the fekkin' thing! Same for polarity swappers.

Cannot open the attachment. Just "dead" like the s'cloud issue.

Dave. (I shall try similar, bear with)

Nope, tried an MP3 and a .png file. They get as far as uploading then I get an orange "!" and a box with jazz in it and "error 2038" .

Cannot of course attaché a screen grab to show you!

Dave. (btw, how do I get rid of the accent?)

Haha!
I have uninstalled Flash Player and Shockwave (Googed it) and then re-installed FP afresh. Seems to have done the trick.

I shall now try attaching the .png
Dave.

Attachments

• 1BWV 997 original.mp3
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
No, cannot attach the page grab with the problem on it.

But, it seems the problem is as much OUR end as yours? I did at least attaché the MP3 and could not before the Jodrelling with Flash Player.

Correction! The MP3 will not open. If I save it back to my desktop it becomes a "dot" and is a tiny image file.
Dave.

Back