Couple of questions about set up.

sausy1981

Hi guys, I wanted to ask a few questions about my setup.
Currently I use a br800 which I use as an interface into sonar producer x1, When recording guitar and bass I use the HiZ input on the br800. When recording Vocals and acoustic guitar I use a studio projects B1 mic into the phantom powered xlr on the br800.
I was looking at getting a Rode NT1A at first and then at a later stage I also wanted to get the focusrite isa one pre amp.
My questions are,
1. Will the NT1 be a better mic than the studio projects b1
2. if I get the the focusrite isa one, what way will I set up my mic through that into the br800
3. and lastly, I recently bought a pair of krk rokit 5's the only problem is I can't use the balance inputs on them as the br800 only has RCA outputs, is there something I can do to work around this, as in get some unit to recieve the unbalanced rca outs from the br800 and send a balanced signal to the rokit 5s.
Thanks

Hi there,
Rode nt1a and SP B1 are in a similar enough range and to be honest, the difference probably just comes down to personal preference.
I know that's not much use, but it's better than "I prefer X cos I have one".

Regarding the unbalanced outputs, I wouldn't worry too much.
The main point of balanced outputs is that they are less prone to picking up noise from outside sources; Power supplies, lights etc.

If you aren't having issues, and aren't running the cables over long distances, I wouldn't put too much thought into it. :)

Hope that's useful to ya! :)

Hi there,
Rode nt1a and SP B1 are in a similar enough range and to be honest, the difference probably just comes down to personal preference.
I know that's not much use, but it's better than "I prefer X cos I have one".

Regarding the unbalanced outputs, I wouldn't worry too much.
The main point of balanced outputs is that they are less prone to picking up noise from outside sources; Power supplies, lights etc.

If you aren't having issues, and aren't running the cables over long distances, I wouldn't put too much thought into it. :)

Hope that's useful to ya! :)
cheers mate thanks.

Back