Controlling effects with PC using midi.

sonicpaint

Here's what I'm trying to do and I don't know if it's even possible but here goes. I have an ART MultiVerb II and I was wondering if it was possible to connect it to my computer so I can control the Modual through midi. Is this possible and if so how do I do it besides connecting a midi cable to my computer from the effects unit?

It would be great if someone could help me out on this. I've tried searching on line for some answer but came up dry. It seems like it can be done but I wasn't able to find someone going through as to how to do it?

Any help at all would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!
sonicpiant
:confused:

It's pretty much just a matter of hooking it up and sending the controller messages. You'll need the manual to see what midi messages to send it to control the different parameters.

I don't have the manual.

I don't have the manual to the unit though. Is it that hard to figure it out once it's hooked up?

If you have the time available, ain't nothing hard.

Bryan Giles

The Manual would be a BIG help though, put a call out there. Someone somewhere has a manual for that thing, Heck it's only 13 years + Old

I'll put the word out for a manual...

I'll try putting the word out for the manual but I don't know if it will help any. I went to ART's webpage and they have almost every manual but the one I need(why is always that way?) They said they could get me a copy for $20.00 American and I can't see myself paying that much....lol....maybe I'm just cheap but in Canadian funds thats got to be close to $30....hell for paper? I don't' think so. If it's not hard to do then I'm sure I'll figure it out. So I guess I do need a midi cable that goes from the effects modual to the computers soundcard so I'll be doing that real soon.

If anyone can explain the process that would help to. I appreciate the replies but saying it's easy is not really answering some of the questions I have.

Thanks guys,
sonicpaint
:D

Back