clipping

eris

hi you all out there!

following problem:

- i record a track, let's say a guitar-part
- i listen to the recorded track - it's okay
- i record another track, let's say a lead guitar-part
- i listen to this track - it's good
- BUT these two tracks played together (emagic logic) - urgh! it's noise all over!

any suggestions?

thx.

that means its clipping..ha

when you combine many tracks, the overall volume level keeps adding up and adding up.

that is the magic that we all like to call mixing. getting everythig to fit in the mix at a good volume, yet most times keeping the entire mix as loud as possible, yet without clipping, and then comes the rest about mixing - depth, space, stero stuff, etc.

Using Logic as with most any program, Im assuming you have guitar 1 on track one and guitar 2 on track two, etc...
In the mixer window keep all tracks out of the red. Check the master at end of mixer and keep it out of the red as well, this will prevent clipping.

the assumption so far is that by "noise all over" the questioner meant too much level. My first interpretation would have been "noise all over" meant too much guitar from a musical point of view - one part stepping on the other.

Try panning them to opposite sides, or rerecording one of the parts being more careful to make the two work with eachother, not against.

Back