Clicks in recording

lbidner

I'm using an Apex 550 microphone, for some reason even though I'm recording something very quite and there is not peaking in the gain, there is a clicking sound that are being recorded into my track. it's just one click sound that happens every so often. Does anyone know what this could be?

Without much more info on the complete recording path...........we can only guess. So..........how about a few more details??? Are you going directly in??? To what?

Could be most anything. Possibly something in your room? I've got a quartz clock on the wall about 6 feet from where I record that I can't hear with just my ears, but in a track that has some quiet areas, the mic will pick it up. Record a track with the mic gain set to minimum and see if the click shows up. It as well could be electrical if something turns on and off occasionally.

Or it could be related to buffers. If you are recording through an interface into a computer. Which we don't know.

I'm recording into a UR22mkII Steinberg USB audio interface. It's definitely some kind of embedded digital click, it's nothing going on in my room. I'm using Cubase 6. Any other info needed?

I'm recording into a UR22mkII Steinberg USB audio interface. I'm changed the buffer size and it doesn't seem to make a difference. it's seems to come in randomly, and have nothing to do with the volume of my vocals. Any ideas on resolving this?

Check drivers/firmware first...UR series has issues for some and there are updates...

---------- Update ----------

What was it ?? dpclat latency checker on the web ?

That is a good tool for checking for computer issues. Usually for solving issues of resources and audio dropouts. But many things can cause a click. First step is to make sure the interface is up to date with it's software.

Then narrow down the possibilities from the beginning of the signal chain.

sounds to me like you need to ajdust your buffer settings...or if you are synced with any other devices make sure they are all on the same "clocking" source be it BNC, word, etc

I'm pretty good at Googling up info. Sometimes fills in missing gaps for gear used or other how it's used. I believe the correction below to be correct....... :)

:)

Better than saying 'it' right? Sorry if I offended the OP's gender.

Curious how you came to that conclusion? Not that it matters...

Back