Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Cheapest pair of not-entirely-worthless speakers/"monitors"

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by SmalltownJoe View Post
    I think the bass is pretty alright, and for the money (OP's original idea was cheap ones) they're not bad. Plus OP said they don't need to be loud....
    Sorry to tell you - you can't hear what isn't there. If there is bass guitar, kick drum, or toms in your recordings, you're not hearing the low fundamentals, only the harmonics. Without being able to hear them, you can't know what's happening down there in your mix - until you put the mix on a system that CAN play those low notes. Believe me, I had those self-same speakers, and found out.
    Mike B My new album on CD Baby: Fact and Fiction
    My Bandcamp site: http://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbphotos View Post
    Sorry to tell you - you can't hear what isn't there. If there is bass guitar, kick drum, or toms in your recordings, you're not hearing the low fundamentals, only the harmonics. Without being able to hear them, you can't know what's happening down there in your mix - until you put the mix on a system that CAN play those low notes. Believe me, I had those self-same speakers, and found out.
    This ^^^^, I have a pair of NS10's but with the JBL sub as well, I have the sub no fairly mild but it lets me hear if there is any low end mud in the mix. I also have a good set of monitors, no longer made , that does not have a sub but the low end is really good and solid, but I always check the mix on the NS10's / sub combination.

Regarding my NS10's, I know it's old school but I just can't give them up, the mixes translate so well LOL.

Alan

Thread Information