buzzing sound

geeq

recently, i just receive my recording equipments: Behringer eurorack 802 mixer, audiophile delta sound card, nady system condenser mic. I plug everything to their corresponding hole. I tried recording with vegas pro, but it seems that my vocal is not picking up but a buzzing sound. i tried plugging a dynamic mic to a mic input (mono), everything seems to be alright, less buzz and my vocal was clear. So I guess that something is wrong with my mic or my mic cable. My mic cable is a 3-pin mic cable. Can you please help me out with my mic setup?

I don't know if your board has it or if it comes with your mic but you need phantom power to use the condenser mic. It's a power supply of 48v. There may be a switch on the back of your board for it, check it out

could also be your cables, i had to get some new xlr cables b/c i heard a bad noise coming from my mics

I had that problem with my condensor until I pulled the guitar cable out of the mixer. I guess it interfered with the phantom power.

According to my experience with Nady microphones, it's the mic. I have one, and I did not get one single usable result from it. It was the first condenser, and I picked it up on a visit to the US, and only found out about it's horrible horrible hiss when I came back home, so obviously, the was nothing I could do about it.
Stay away from Nady, and always check what yuo bought in the store.

Oren

if all else fails and u cant afford a new mic (it is home recording after all!) then put hiss reduction on the whole tracvk or what parts you want. you can do this in any program that is for recording on computers and is of good quality.
dont use too much reduction though because you'll cut off your highs and lows.
just use light hiss reductiuon and cuts off the hiss you need outta there but doesn't barely disturb your actual track quality!
Good luck!
Jay

Aren, there are a few nady mics i've come across that are very low noise mics... i think the model is the smc-1000, and the tmc-1050... i know the tmc doesn't sound bad, i have 3 friends that have that mic and they have some great sounding recordings

geeq, ? is which model mic do you have?

Back