Buzzing noise?

branrob

Hey everyone, I am really new to home recording. Currently I am using Cakewalk Sonar as my multitrack program. I have been using a several mics, all of which are Shure and AKG. For some reason, every track has a buzzing sound in the back ground. When I have only one track going, it isnt that bad, but when all tracks are going, the noise level is pretty high. Is this the Mic picking up background noise in the room? I do not have a professional sound booth, but the room I am using is very quiet, and all electronics are turned off. Or is this the mic cord? Please email me your suggestions to yhbooking@yahoo.com

It's kind of hard to pinpoint this problem without more info. It could be a number of things. What is your signal chain? If you haven't upgraded your soundcard, chances are it is just a soundblaster, which won't give you optimal results. Are you using pre-amps for the mics? Are you running them through a mixer? Effects? From what you told us thus far I would have to put my money on the AD converters in the sound card and/or the sample rate.

Back