boss br trouble!

TimWoolley

Hi hope you can help! Im New to this site and fairly new to recording. I have an old boss br 600 which I love but have a slight problem. I Been trying to record drums for my band but as the recorder only has 2 mic inputs I'm struggling to get a good sound. I can't get a different recorder but have been looking at getting an external mixing desk with 4 mic inputs which iv seen for sale. Would this work? If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated, many thanks, Tim

Chances are you need to move up to a stand-alone recorder with more inputs or move to computer recording, using an audo interface with as many mic preamps as you can afford (4 minimum for drums, 8 preferred).

Last edited:
Thanks for your replys guys. Thing is I can't get a different recorder so I'm stuck but all I really need to know is if my boss br 600 would work with a separate mixer plugged in with more mic inputs?

Thanks for your replys guys. Thing is I can't get a different recorder so I'm stuck but all I really need to know is if my boss br 600 would work with a separate mixer plugged in with more mic inputs?
Yes, it would work. That's how a lot of drums were recorded "in the old days" and they sound fabulous. But it took time to get the balancing right so bear that in mind........

Wow that's great guys thank you very much. Like I say I'm new to all this and not very technical so that advise is very much appreciated!

Back