Blue Spark Vs. Avantone Ck-6 ?

FallenMist

Hey guys so I've come down to these two. I will be recording vocals. I just need to know which one will produce more detail into the vocal. Thank you. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Will be doing the purchase tomorrow.

Trinity Multi-Pattern Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone :: Condenser Mics Trinity, Unity, Prophecy, K-10, K-micro, Silver Bullet :: Karma Mics
This. Multi pattern and sounds way better than either of those for vocals and is more versatile. I own a Spark myself and find it pretty neutral. I wouldn't say lifeless, but if it had a flavor it would probably be mild and unsalted. But that's usually the case with most of the lower priced mics.

Try the Karma mics. There's also a cheaper model that I didn't link that has only one pickup pattern, but for a few bucks more you'd get a whole new world of versatility. And yes, it sounds subjectively better than my Blue Spark on most vocals. I don't use either for lead vocals anymore since I've upgraded but if I had to choose in that price range, Trinity > Spark > Ck-6.

Thank you man for letting me know. I'll check out those karmas, but I've heard and read that Avantones are great mics and build great. I'll have do more research on both of these.

Back