Which Is Better?

CriticalFix

Which is better for recording Macs or Windows/IBM compatiable machines? I have heard that Mac is best because it doesn't crash and I have seen most pro studios use mac...so whats your take on the issue?

best

my amd based pc clone never crashes.
the advantage of the amd Pc imho is the low price for a system,
and the fact that there are so many audio software options and soundcard options.
the pc is quite capable of doing 100 tracks.
i got a flyer today from pgmusic.com. powertracks - 48 digital audio tracks - price has been lowered to 29 dollars.
i have been using powertracks now for many years and recently added magix audio studio which costs 49 bucks.
with both packages i can do any song and get any special effect i would ever want.
get a amd 2ghz pc plus powertracks and/or magix and just go to town. but makesure you get a good quality sound card.
if you want to spend lots of money, buy a lynx or rme soundcard.
if you want really good audio on the cheap get an audiophile
24/96 which is far better sound card than i used to do several of my songs that charted at soundclick.com.
fyi - the mac WAS a leader in big studios in the early years because the PC did not have the power, but now the Pc is doing
multitracking in studios large and small because of its power and low price. as i say - if you dont believe me - ask on many pro audio forums.

This topic has been talked about numerous times in the Computer and Sound Card forum.. do a search in there and you will find numerous thread with hundreds to posts.

These days it is really strokes for folkes.

My 2 cents. I've been an PC (Windows/DOS) person all my life. I wouldn't use a MAC for recording because I don't know how to use one. I use Sonar which is only available on PC.. If I were using Logic (which used to be based on both PC & MAC), I'd have to be using a MAC. My PC is pretty stable, it hasn't crashed in the last year since I re-ghosted it and built it for only audio!

Porter

If I was running a Pro Tools HD system, it'd be running on a Mac. Even if I was running Pro Tool LE heavily, it'd be running on a Mac.

Other than that, I'd probably having it run on a PC with a Pentium 4 chip.

Back