Best Way For Me to Record Guitar Without a Mic?

This is going to sound ridiculous especially on a recording message board, but set your amp up at a lout talking volume, sit your cell phone down with the mic area uncovered and raisd off of whatever it is sitting on, and use the voice recorder. Then just dump the file onto your computer and dump it into your DAW you might need to change the file type. ITunes can do this easily.

You are.correct. that does sound ridiculous. How do you suppose he lines up the guitar part with the drums, etc... when recording with a piece of gear that isn't in sync with the daw?

You are.correct. that does sound ridiculous. How do you suppose he lines up the guitar part with the drums, etc... when recording with a piece of gear that isn't in sync with the daw?

Quite.
BTW does anyone know of an app (for W7) that will decode phone audio? I try to keep all Apple software off my PCs.

Dave.

Explain "decode". Is it encrypted or just the wrong format? Is it an iPhone?

Not an iPhone just a bog s *****. The sound files have an extension that Windows cannot cope with will try to find it.
Why would the robot not like the name of the phone? Starts with knock but then lend an ear!
Dave.

Back