Best Technique for a female SINGER?

Phact

I've mainly worked with underground hip hop artists seeing that i overun a local hip hop label. Now i just got in contacts with a girl and am getting to know her very well because what little i can say her voice is beautiful. yet i've recorded some artists that have the potenshal to be great if "I" was reat engineer, which wasnt. In other words i want her to come out as perfect as possible. i dont know anything about female vocalists. i've been examing r&b songs for a couple days now trying to understand how they go about their techniques for recording. i'm pulling up a little but not enough that when the itme rolls around it will how i want it.

If anyone can please drop me some feedback it would be highly appreciated.

bryan

trial and error my friend, trial and error,

I can tell you to set your compressor at 2:1,
if she's loud set your threshold high
no reverb till after her take is perfect & done on her own
then after she has done that

If it's a fast track, be more concerned with the track, and set her vocals perfectly ------------IN----------the mix

if it's a slow joint, be more concerned with her LEAD VOCAL as this is the selling point of the song, the music is secondary.

With all this is mind, I hope you have a good mic
and she has good MIC edicate, along with your MIXING skills
it's no different (to a degree) than doing Hip Hop, just your using more tracks for backing the CHORUSes, which is the major selling point is she sings beautiful as you say. If she knows harmony it'll be killer, if she doesnt, it'll just be another ASHANTI

good luck

:D Yo:

Two large Martinis, anchovie olives, and a playback of the Hornet's Hit:

"The River Turned Muddy When She Turned Me Down."

This will get everything in sync or sink!

Green Hornet:p :p :p :p :D

Back