BEST SEQUENCING SOFTWARE..or is there?

austexman

Hello,

Fairly new with sequencing drum tracks. I'm using Sonar 2 W/ Delta 66 and have a yamaha dtxpress II electric drumkit that i'm
wanting to send drum sounds to some sort of sequencer to develop drum loops and such. Is there something I can use in Sonar 2 to do this or is there a software available that's easy to
use that i can purchase?

Confused...

Sonar is a pretty cool one, heard that Sonar 3 has more drum features, why not try that?

sonar

so would i have to connect from electric kit to delta 66 via midi?..or
can i go audio?...do you know what the sequencer in sonar is called?...

i will probably upgrade to 3 once again...

Delta 66 doesn't have any MIDI connection. You're gonna need MIDI interface to connect your computer to your external MIDI device to record MIDI data into SONAR. Anyway, SONAR 2 will do both MIDI and Audio. IMHO, it will be good to sequence the MIDI drums in SONAR triggering the drum module (there you need MIDI interface), and record the audio back to SONAR as audio track. If you have SONAR 2 XL which came with fxpanssion DR-008 DXi, it can be used as internal drum kit, which is very good IMHO.

;)
Jaymz

have a midi interface

so just loop the electric drum kit though a midi interface and connect a usb connection to the computer and it records midi..right?...then i can assign it as audio?

To "assign" those MIDI tracks to an "audio" track you need to run the audio outputs from your drum machine back into the inputs of your soundcard.

I have ProAudio9 and you select "MIDI" as your source. Assign a MIDI channel (usually channel 10 for drums), and record your sequence.

Next, arm a pair of tracks to record, and select the inputs on your Delta that you have the drum machine's AUDIO outputs patched to.

You can also select whether Sonar or your MIDI device starts the record/playback function.

Do you have a manual for the drum machine and for Sonar?

thanks...this helps....

yeah....i have sonar 2 power and the user's guide...i'll
read up....just wanted to get a quick opinion/overview..

thanks again.

Back