Best 100$ mic into a tascam dp03sd for acoustic guitar

I probably shouldve been more specific i need a mic for both acoustic guitar and vocals at 100$ im thinking the studio projects b1 is good ive heard alot if bad about the mxl 990

I probably shouldve been more specific i need a mic for both acoustic guitar and vocals at 100$ im thinking the studio projects b1 is good ive heard alot if bad about the mxl 990

I will just place my opinion here: Whatever you hear about one mic or another on youtube will likely drive you insane, or possibly give you false information. Or maybe good. It is tough for anyone to give advice as to what works for anyone. You will form an opinion yourself from use of whatever it is you purchase. Hopefully you have a good room to make such decisions from.

You set the budget way lower than I would suggest as a starting point, but I looked for things that might work for you. $100 for a mic/mic combo to do both acoustic guitars and vocals without even discussing room acoustics and interface? That will likely result in your recording experience being as bad as you expect if you don't take your room into the equation.

My suggestion for you would be to spend as little as possible until you know what you actually need. A $1000 mic will not sound much better than a $30 mic in a shitty environment.

But then, some think they have found the holy grail with a Rode NT1a. I use mine as a talkback mic for drummer now... One man's treasure is another's waste of time...

Bottom line is that you will find a ton of opinions from users of varying degrees of experience. None of them really mean anything unless you have the exact same recording environment and instruments. Make sense?

Your budget determines your starting point. Your personal desire for quality will determine what you need to do to your budget to make things better once you have experience to make a decision for yourself. I suggest you start small and decide what it is 'you' need from there.

I have learned expensive lessons myself. I hope my rant has not come across as arrogant or judgemental.

Best! :)

Pair I'm selling sounds exactly like U87s.
I heard Ed Sheeran recorded his entire album with them. :D

I will just place my opinion here: Whatever you hear about one mic or another on youtube will likely drive you insane, or possibly give you false information. Or maybe good. It is tough for anyone to give advice as to what works for anyone. You will form an opinion yourself from use of whatever it is you purchase. Hopefully you have a good room to make such decisions from.

You set the budget way lower than I would suggest as a starting point, but I looked for things that might work for you. $100 for a mic/mic combo to do both acoustic guitars and vocals without even discussing room acoustics and interface? That will likely result in your recording experience being as bad as you expect if you don't take your room into the equation.

My suggestion for you would be to spend as little as possible until you know what you actually need. A $1000 mic will not sound much better than a $30 mic in a shitty environment.

But then, some think they have found the holy grail with a Rode NT1a. I use mine as a talkback mic for drummer now... One man's treasure is another's waste of time...

Bottom line is that you will find a ton of opinions from users of varying degrees of experience. None of them really mean anything unless you have the exact same recording environment and instruments. Make sense?

Your budget determines your starting point. Your personal desire for quality will determine what you need to do to your budget to make things better once you have experience to make a decision for yourself. I suggest you start small and decide what it is 'you' need from there.

I have learned expensive lessons myself. I hope my rant has not come across as arrogant or judgemental.

Best! :)

Not arrogant at all! :) and i see what you're saying ive been doing research on mics for some days now and i have taken account of my environment which will be a bedroom/ college dorm which can be pretty quiet especially at night which is where i do most of my recording im looking to upgrade from my 50$ sony dynamic mic i have now to something better, if i dont like the mic i will return it as i am unsure of how itll work with the stock interface (which supplies phantom power) on my tascam dp03sd but with the cheap mic ive gotten it very clear. Ive gotten very close to studio quality with this cheap mic so i know an upgrade will help

Just make sure you CAN return the mics! Many MO companies exclude mics from their returns service on hygiene grounds.

Dave.

I also would recommend the MXL 603s . I recently did a sound comparison between all my mics and I have a pair of the 603s's and they compared very well to the rest of my mics in the test. I was very pleasantly surprised on how well they sounded.

I also have been upgrading my collection of mics, I bought a couple Neumann TLM 102's, a Shure SM7b, and two AKG C-1000's. I know a lot of people don't like the C-1000S's but they work well for me. You can get them on eBay for around $100 bucks. Here's a quick sound sample of a D-18 into a C-1000S.....

MP3 Player SoundClick

Back