Behringer X1832 USB - Routing and Recording HELP!

freznel

I've been figuring out how to do this. I've read some forum posts but I still can't get what i want.

I have Xenyxy x1832 USB, 2 studio monitors connected to the mains, and the mixer is connected to my computer, and about 4 keyboards.

Now this is what I want to do: record a track, then record another track while playing back the previously recorded one, so on and so forth.

The manual on this thing is so frustrating. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

There's another thread elsewhere from somebody trying to do similar. As you say, the manual is useless in terms of the USB routing but it appears that since the USB output of the computer goes directly to the main outs of the mixer, you can't do this.

My suggestion in the other thread was to wire up the analogue outs of whatever inbuilt audio card you have on the computer to two spare line level inputs on the Behringer mixer. Since this is for monitoring only, even of the output isn't the best quality it won't affect the eventual quality of your mix.

The one thing to watch is that, since most inbuilt soundcards (things like Realtek) use only windows drivers rather than ASIO, latency MIGHT become an issue--though I've had to do similar and not had a problem.

Bob

Thanks Bob! Will try to do that tonight!

I have another question though. If (1) I buy another pair of monitors, (2) connect them to the control room out, and (3) have the usb input from the laptop routed to the control room out y, will the usb input from the laptop still bleed into to the main mix?

Thanks!

Based on the "quality" of the manual, I think you're just going to have to try it and see. However, I suspect it'll be a problem.

Don't know if it would work for you, but for monitoring I prefer to use an Aux feed from the mixer. This allows me to create a custom mix of both the existing tracks on the computer and the current input being recorded.

Bob

Thanks Bob! Will try to do that tonight!

I have another question though. If (1) I buy another pair of monitors, (2) connect them to the control room out, and (3) have the usb input from the laptop routed to the control room out y, will the usb input from the laptop still bleed into to the main mix?

Thanks!

It's usually best to connect the monitors you already have to the control room outs. That way mains (via USB) can go to PC and the pc usb return can goto control room (as you've figured out). You don't need an extra set of monitors. Just leave it configured that way. The USB return should not bleed into the main mix.

Thanks Bobbsy and gecko zzed. I'm gonna try out your suggestions tonight!!!!!! Again, much thanks for your help.

Yes the monitors are connected to the control room out. If you select the source to be USB, you should be able to monitor the playback while adding tracks.

Alan.

Back