Behringer X1024 USB - USB Recording Problems

sergio.gomez

Hello,

I have two recording problems regarding Behringer XENYX X1204USB:

1. The volume of the vocal recorded with my shure SM58 is very low, even with phantom power activated;

2. The recording is always with some kind of reverb effect that i don't know how to turn off.

I'm using the last drivers and Audacity/Windows.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

1 SM58 doesn't need phantom power. It is a dynamic mike. It will make no difference to the level you get from it, on or off.

Plug your SM58 into one of the mike channels (e.g. channel 1). Make sure you are using XLR to XLR cable for the mike.
With PFL button pressed (above main mix faders), press also the 'Solo' button on the channel into which your SM58 is plugged.
Make a noise into the mike and adjust the gain so that the meters are hovering around the 0.
Set the mike channel fader to 0, and do the same for the main mix faders.

Doing the above should get you a good signal delivered to the 2-track/USB output.

2 The reverb effect is most likely a feedback loop. Most likely because you have 2-track/USB button pressed to go to main.

The best way to avoid this is to send main mix and USB input to Phones/Ctrl, and do your monitoring via this output.

In addition to Gekko's illustrious comments...
Have you got the mixer set as the default recording and playback device?
If you are returning the PC signal back to the Tape/CD RCA phono inputs check the selector buttons.
Audacity sends a return signal by default iirc, find out how to turn that off or, better still, use another DAW software.
Reaper is excellent but do try Samplitude ProX Silver. Simple and free.

Dave.

Back