Behringer UB 1202

acoustic rain

I haven't been here in years. Glad you're still up and running as I have a question. I would have hoped it was simpler than it appeared, but here goes: I want to hear myself recording (using Sonar X3 Producer) while I am listening to playback. My setup is as follows:

Mic into Audio Buddy in (XLR); phantom power is on.
Out of Audio Buddy into Delta 44 in 1.
Out of Delta 44 1 into Behringer UB1202 (Line in 5 of 5/6).

I can see the signal going into Sonar and hear any pre-recorded tracks just fine, but not what I'm trying to record on top of that.

I picked up the UB1202 because it was inexpensive and fits in my small recording space. Have I routed anything incorrectly from what I have mentioned?

Thank you in advance for your help. AR

You probably just need to turn on live monitoring...should be somewhere in Sonar, a switch or button on the channel or channels you are recording onto.

You probably just need to turn on live monitoring...should be somewhere in Sonar, a switch or button on the channel or channels you are recording onto.

I tried. It seems more of a hassle than I remember. I have the inputs and outputs going in the right direction and the echo on. I'll keep on plugging.

Seems as though this little mixer wasn't meant for monitoring. I had an 1804X a few years back that allowed this (as I recall). I realized in many ways that the unit was overkill for my compact studio set up. So, I sold it off. Hasty decision. I am going to return the mixer and move on without one. Thanks for your help.

Back