Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22

tedgiann

Hello, I'm new at this forum, but i think i'm writing in the right section.
I recently bought a Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22 audio card. For the past few days i've been trying to set it up. Today with some things achieved i tried to plug in my guitar. Tried both input slots, the XLR- 1/4'' MIDAS PREAMP and the 1/4'' line 2 for instrument but i get no signal from either of them. Does anybody know what am i doing wrong or this sh**t is broken?
PS: I have installed the drivers ASIO4ALL V2 and the sound card exports sound all good.

- With the guitar plugged into the 'INST 2' jack and the 'GAIN 2' control turned up, does the green 'SIG' flicker on while you play the guitar?
- What DAW (the recording software) are you using and is the UMC22 or ASIO4ALL selected for the input to the DAW?
- If you have headphones and plug them into the UMC22, can you hear the guitar as you play?
- 'the sound card exports sound all good' - does this mean you can playback sound from the DAW through the UMC22?

-The green "SIG' does not flicker while i'm playing.
-I use cubase 5 and reason 5. Sounds exports pretty well at both, so i think i've done the mapping right for the outpouts as well as the inputs.
-Hear nothing through th headphones
-I can playback from DAW throuth the audio card

:cool:

The fact the green light doesn't flicker and you don't hear anything in the headphones doesn't sound good and I would believe you should get those regardless of the DAW settings. The 1/4" input jack for the 'INST' is a TRS (tip-ring-sleeve) type. Your guitar cable should be a TS (tip-sleeve) type. Any chance you're not pushing the plug all the way into the jack, but just to the first 'click'? No microphone to try?

Let me just say I hate trying to read multi-lingual guides like that of the UMC22....... :(

Got another guitar cable you can check? Any chance your electric guitar has active pickups and the battery is dead?

I used and a different guitar and a different cable with all possible combinations. I yet havent tried a mic. I'll try the mic and use the audio card through a different pc.

Back