Behringer t47/802 mixer/uca222 humming

TheTedLeroux

After resetting up my new setup... I have a problem. Whenever I record something in Adobe Audition , I hear a distinct humming sound. I concluded that it cant be the mic because when i unplug the mic and then record the humming is still there. When I unplug the UCA222 audio interface the humming stops. I have a behringer 802 mixer and i dont think that is the problem. I had this before but it was a mic issue... Im not sure how to fix this. Please hellp.

Well... From the mic there is a 7 pin xlr and it goes into a power supply box... then there is a three pin that goes from the power supply to the mixer.

Ok, switch everything up bit by bit to see what changes.

I know you said the humming's present without a mic, but even so,

Try a different XLR input (if there is another one)
Try a different XLR cable
Try a different source all together, like a line level signal from a keyboard or a DI guitar
Try different cables between the mixer and the UCA

What way are you input and output gains set up?

I was originally thinking that MJ, but I looked at that particular UCA. It seems to be designed for the job, unlike the phono ones some people on here have picked up.

OK, I don't expect it should be amazing, but it shouldn't hum constantly should it?

OP, have you got another computer or at least other software to try it with?

Does UCA require drivers? Make sure they're up to date, manually.

WTF type of mic uses a 7 pin xlr and a power supply box?

Valve mics. Heater supply + plate supply + balanced out

I have a UCA202, which is exactly the same as far as I can tell, and a Eurorack UB802 mixer, and haven't had any problems with either of them (Beyond a fair bit of digital noise on the UCA202, but I don't think that's what your describing here). But, behringer aren't renowned for their build quality. So, unplug things one by one. Unplug the mic. Still humming? Unplug the mixer from the interface. Still humming? You can figure out what's most likely causing it that way. If you have another mic you can test it with, that would help too.

i unplug everything to identify the problem... and the noise went away when i unplugged the 1/8 to dual 1/4 . Why would this be? How can i fix this?

i unplug everything to identify the problem... and the noise went away when i unplugged the 1/8 to dual 1/4 . Why would this be? How can i fix this?

Where was that?
Describe in detail how everything's wired.

It should be
1 x xlr-xlr for the mic
2 x TRS/TS - rca between the mixer and the uca
2 x rca - TS/TRS/XLR between uca and monitors.

The only 1/8 connector I see is the headphone output on the UCA. Are you using this to power monitors or something?

From the T47 mic an XLR is going into the input in the mixer. Then I want to mix audio from my comp into recordings so I plug a 1/8 --> dual 1/4 into Line in in the mixer. But that creates a big buzzing. Then I have RCA connections from the mixer to the UCA. Is it a bad sound card?

Back