Behringer Bass V-Amp or the (Guitar) V-amp?

Robertt8

Okay, well...here's my predicament...First, I'm a singer/songwriter/guitarist (99% acoustic), and I do a fair amount of recording and basically need a good bass direct input device as I've realized my Audio Buddy sucks with the bass (when slapping all the instruments together for a song). I've thought a bunch about this, and have ended up wanting to get the Behringer Bass V-Amp or the Behringer V-Amp 2 (I can't really afford anything more expensive). They both have bass and guitar models (obviously, the Bass one is mostly bass with a few guitar mods and the V-Amp 2 is mostly guitar mods with a few bass mods)...Seeing as I will always mic the acoustic for recording purposes, and don't really see myself needing a guitar modulator, do I go with the Bass V-Amp? But then again, I don't need a crap load of bass effects either, and I DO play the GUITAR after all, do I just get the V-Amp 2 and use the limited bass cabinets they've got and someday use the other guitar stuff here or there...stupid decisions...

Any help would be great...Thanks

Sounds like the Johnson J-station may better suit your needs. There are dirt cheao nowadays anyway. :)

I myself have been using the DG-stomp for my guitars and is considering getting the Bass V-amp to improve my bass recording.

Would love to get a AG-stomp for acoustic guitar but just don't have the money. :(

Some of the best fitting bass tracks I've done so far were done on the V-amp2. I think I used the tube amp setting. Sounded better than the RNP in the mix. Quieter too with the pickups in my old Peavy T20.

LEEKING: Thanks for the feedback, although i find it interesting that you suggest the J-Station yet you want to get the Bass V-Amp to help your recording...which is exactly what I'm trying to do.Hmmmm...

STEVENLINDSEY: Hey thanks! I looked at the V-Amp2 manual pdf, and didn't see any "Bass" settings. Are you just running through a guitar cab.

Robertt8 said:
LEEKING: Thanks for the feedback, although i find it interesting that you suggest the J-Station yet you want to get the Bass V-Amp to help your recording...which is exactly what I'm trying to do.Hmmmm...

I suggest the J-station instead cos it seemed that you are looking for a 2in1 solution. (Guitar & bass) J-station users have been happy using the unit on both their guitars and basses.

As for me, since I already have a guitar processor, the Bass v-amp will mainly be used for bass recording only. (unless I find their guitar patches highly usable)

Unfortunately for me, the J-station is not easily available in my part of the world. :(

Yeah the V-amp has no bass settings. I just used the tube amp setting and played with the cabinets till I found a good one. I was surprised at the result. I'm sure the bass V-amp is a bit better, but I don't have any use for a lot of effects on bass.

Back