Behind Blue Eyes

tjohnston

Have you heard the new "Who" rip off by Fred Durst(sp?). Its really horrible. The orginal song kicks serious ass but the modern version is shit. Im just wondering what the hell was done to his voice .....very robotic and synthetic.
Anyway its pathetic and it sucks!

i agree with your comments about the quality of the cover, but i disagree about his voice.........i don't like limp bizkit or fred dursts voice, but it doesn't sound robotic.....unless of course your talkigng about the "discover" part beacuse that's obviously a computer.........but the rest sounds like fred dursts normal nasty sounding nasal voice......well not exactly. it sounds like he may have gotten some voice lesons and is now tryign to emulate the singer from staind.

I haven't heard the song, but I can't believe it could be any worse than 90% of the Zeppelin covers. :D

Howyadoin,

I'm glad I'm not the only one who almost had a frickin' aneurysm when I heard this! I liked a lot of stuff on "3 Dollar Bill", but not much since. Still when I heard about the track not having actually heard the track, I was willing to give Durst the benefit of the doubt.

Me = Dumbass...

What a steaming load of suck this is! The last time I heard that much cheese layered on a vocal was that horrible Shakira song (although Cher is the all-time champ).

So I'm listening to it, and I get to the part with the compu-rap... I start looking for my cell-phone thinking I'm getting messages from aliens or something. :) Then they start with the new verse... WTF... That's all I can say.

Oh, and we know Durst couldn't sing "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider" these days, but what in the hell is the point of covering "Behind Blue Eyes" and dropping the signature part of the song!?! For chrissake, if you can't sing it, do one of those "Limp Bizkit Featuring Grunt Buttcheese" dealios that everybody does now.

It must be weird to be in the 16th minute, huh?

-Rav

I don't know anything about the band who covered the WHO song but I was all prepared to hate it after reading what you guys said.

I listened to it from a little single speaker CD alarm clock type thing that was in an adjacent room.

All I can say is it was cool enough - live, garage sound, audience participation on the 'We're All Wasted' (didn't sound like the singer would've gotten it anyway!), Anyway I have the WHO version planted so firmly in my mind I could see them standing behind these guys grinning and diggin it. I think if the song hadn't have been live then there would be no reason for it to be - but if it's a live happening I can usually dig some piece of it !:cool:
kylen

Oh nevermind - I must've been listening to a cover of Barbara O'Riley - Hope I die before I get Old ! :)
kylen

Back