Basic setup?

WickedChild

I'm looking to just have a small setup to meet my basic recording needs i currently own a Tascam Porta02mkII and am planing to buy a Behringer UB802 and a digitech Genesis3 by next month. Right now i'm only recording Guitar, vocals, bass, and my drum machine. So my question is do i need anything else considering i just want something small and simple to meet my needs? Also how should i set all this stuff up?

Last edited:
WickedChild said:
I'm looking to just have a small setup to meet my basic recording needs i currently own a Tascam Porta02mkII and am planing to buy a Behringer UB802 and a digitech Genesis3 by next month. Right now i'm only recording Guitar, vocals, bass, and my drum machine. So my question is do i need anything else considering i just want something small and simple to meet my needs? Also how should i set all this stuff up?

humm, since no ones offered advice yet i'd say read the manual and post back if you run into issues, the set up should be all there in the manuals, pretty basic really...

tweaking and config may require some help or a search or two...

So what is your sound goal here? If you only need four tracks then why get the Behringer mixer? With the Tascam, you can only do 2 tracks at once, so start by recording your drum machine first with either the guitar or bass. Then lay down the other two tracks. What else do you need to know?:confused:

Back