Basic Cool Edit Question

Is it possible to somehow line in "x" number for xlr's or 1/4" jacks into computer via ANY CARD, and record each one of those simultaneously onto a seperate track in cool edit pro?

i dont undersatand how cool edit could distinguish 4 tracks being recorded at once.... i want to mic 4 different thinks at once and have them recorded onto seperate tracks simultaneously... I dont see how cool edit could do this, please clrear this up for me thanks

first you get a nice sound card with enough inputs (4 at least in this case) you get the 4 mics in different busses in your mixer or use 4 external preamps and run them into each of the inputs of the soundcard
then in cool edit. in the multitrack view, each track has the option to record an specific input so you have:
track 1: input 1
track 2: input 2
track 3: input 3
track 4: input 4
you hit the record button and voila!

Memo

CEP would see the different inputs of your card as seperate sources. In the multitrack view, click on the REC button on a track (just below the OUT), and there will be a list of all of the available inputs. You may just have one there if you only have one input on your card. All you would have to do is select a different input for each track.

Hope that helped some

Matty

Oops, Memo beat me to it.

so if your soundcard has more than one input, say 2 inputs, then cep automatically detects both of them? that's sweet.

What sound card are you using?

I don't know what sound card your using but like others has suggested, you need multiple inputs on your card to do this. IF your using a sound card like SBlive then it can't be done unless your recording midi.

hope this helps,
sonicpaint

Back