Background Noise

rozzy97

Hello!

I was listening back on a drum track that had been recorded, and realized there was a shuffling sound in the background, I would send you the track, but I deleted it, thinking it was useless, the sound seemed to be most prominent with bass drum strokes.

I did not know where else to turn, as it is impossible to remove the sound, because it is during the track itself.

P.S. The sample rate is matched up and I use a ported bass drum reso head.

Thank You

Also, the bass drum mic is approx. half way in the 22" bass drum, but the sound was in the track in general, not just the bass drum, it was just most prominent, as stated earlier^^

Something moving in the studio - the kick pedal shifting back and forth, etc. Since you deleted the track, what are you asking? You could have gated the track so only the kick hit came through.

Ah sorry about that guys, that was very absent minded of me, but the question was how to get rid of background noise, but I have tried some noise/frequency cancellation/cutting, and if i just cut around 7k on the bass drum the sound is almost gone completely, and if I use a program called "Reafir" on Reaper, which is a noise removal program that came with it, white noise and mixer noise is removed also.

Thanks for the input fellas :)

Instead of planning on EQ or whatever for your next recording, spend some time figuring out the cause of the noise then eliminating it at source. As others have said, chances are something is moving or bumping something else--or an overhead fan is rubbing or your neighbours are enjoying a good sex life.

Whatever the cause, a mix of adjusting mic placements etc. or sorting out room problems will likely get you a clean recording. It is ALWAYS worth getting your original tracks as good as possible rather than trying to "fix it in the mix".

Back