Audio capture for live play table top games

Dillon_Irish

Hello,
I was looking for some recommended hardware as well as general advice for a very specific recordning set-up that I am currently trying to assemble. This set up is for live play Dungeons and Dragons where multiple of the players will be potentially playing remotely. I will describe the exact desired effect below in more detail, but I am essentially looking for advice for getting audio from mutiple live players and remote players to mix without echo or other sound pollution.

The Specifics:
I run a weekly game from my relatively small apartment. We use a 34”x50” coffe table as the surface for playing. I am considering creating a set up at this table that will allow the present players to communicate with the remote players (currently using a yeti usb mic and stereo system) that will eliminate potential echo from having the remote players mic audio come through room speakers. I was considering intergrating an interface into the table with headphone inputs on each side of the table. Then positioning an omni directional mic above the table. Ideally this will allow the players to hear each other speak as well as the remote players via discord or skype. If anyone has any recommended options for headphones, interfaces, mixers, or better microphones. I figure a set up similar to live radio/podcasting might work. I am not opposed to and in fact plan to make modifications to the table to account for power or cable connections/management. I would appreciate any suggestions or advice.
Thank you.

Back