anyway to undo compression pumping?

lbcstudios

hey... i tracked some drums... for a kid.. the set is gone now.. while tracking... i used compresion on the drums... ran main bus to comprressor ( rnc ).. then to comp.. there is some pumping.. any way to fix it????? hopefully?

Once a track is mangeled, it's mangeled. This is why I don't track with compression.

lbcstudios said:
.. there is some pumping.. any way to fix it????? hopefully?

A whole shitload of automation envelopes?
Sorry, just making some fun here. :)
If it's not too far gone, maybe just adjust the 'style' paradigm and go with it.
Wayne

More compresion?

It, ... could work.:eek:

"...wat u mean by automation?"
It was a bit of a joke. Technically, if you could move a fader fast enough, you could un-do it. Automation lets you zoom in small enough to draw in the corrections. But it would be hundreds of moves.

Many hours-per-song of deep dodo.
Been there.
"...and miles to go before I sleep."

chalk it up as a learning experience lbc... . The drum track is ruined... if the pumping is really that bad. I find that for the most part, you should always track straight to disk/ tape without compression, eq, or god forbid... effects like reverb! (Again... this is in the majority of cases) That way, you will never end up in the situation that your in again. Do your dynamic processing "in the box".

I wish I had some better news... :( That de-compressor that miXit-G's selling sure does look good right about now though...huh? :D:D:D

good luck
ls

Back