Any luck with Presonus?

Hey guys, just wanted to gather some information on Presonus and try to find someone familiar with this company.

I'm looking to buy an interface from Presonus and would like to ask some questions.
I've never used an "interface", I've always gone through mic pre's.

My first pre was a Presonus BlueTube. While it worked, I discovered it was one of an early batch that was sent out with underpowered phantom, was only putting out like 28V instead of 48v. They fixed it for free.

It seemed to work okay, but I found that the Studio Projects VTB-1 was considerably quieter. - i.e. much less noise floor at a given gain level.

I'm sure their products will work.

Studio One - Producer

Hey guys, just wanted to gather some information on Presonus and try to find someone familiar with this company.

I'm looking to buy an interface from Presonus and would like to ask some questions.

So if you have experience or knowledge about Presonus interfaces please let me know.

please dont answer with things such as "go read about it, or, do some research" since... that is what im doing haha... but you can only trust so much of what you read which is why i'd like to someone that has experience or knowledge about the product.

some questions are...

Do they make respectible products, are they known for being shitty? is it like.. "Stay away from them" or is it a "yea they make some pretty good stuff.."

are there any consistent known issues?

not only does it allow decent quality, are there a lot of technical problems with them?

Thanks!

Tyler

Hey, Tyler. I am new to home recording and have had Studio One for about a month. It has a small learning curve and some great virtual instruments, though I did add some third party VST's as well. I am really happy with it. I would definitely recommend it.

I have had a Presonus firebox for years and never had a problem with it, both for live recording at gigs or in the studio. I also have a Bluetube (Silver face) I bought secondhand and that seems to work fine. I did own a BlueTube compressor (old version) that sounded good but had an intermittent led problem, I sold it on but wish I had kept it. I have also used several StudioLive mixers at gigs and never had a problem. I think their products sound good and are reliable so :thumbs up:

Alan.

Back