amp to mic.

rib

if i like my amps disortion (it's crunchy and thick) should i just run a mic up close to the amp and record it?.....or will it be all fuzzy and hummy.....?

No....what i'd do is purcahse cool edit and search or even make your own filter that sound alot that distortion you like, because there are many maybe even one that fits what you want it to sound like.

Phact said:
No....what i'd do is purcahse cool edit and search or even make your own filter that sound alot that distortion you like, because there are many maybe even one that fits what you want it to sound like.
Yeah... that's the answer - your real amp is giving you the sound you want, so what you need to do is find a way to model it, then record the modelled sound......... :rolleyes:

WTF??!?!?!? You've got to be kidding me............!!!! :eek:

Yes... mic it up, Rib....!

Mic that thing!

If you like the sound your amp/guitar combination is producing then, by all means mic the thing and record it! In fact, if you have several different mics available, you may want to try them all, possibly even multiple mics at different distances. It really depends on the situation and the sound you are going for. Nonetheless.....GO FOR IT! :cool:

Back